Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Founder
    Hall of Fame Honoree
    Clan Bouncer

PhotobucketPhotobucket

HERE IS WHAT JACK ASSES

This is the sole reason fatboy is thinking of shutting down our home. No one and I mean no one is posting on the website anymore, hardly anyone is in team speak. and it has only been myself and tuggin whom have tried to pop our BF4 server.

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE THE BALL TO STAND UP AND SAY I AM WRONG, I SAY BRING IT ON.

NOW IF ANY OF YOU THAT HAVE BEEN HERE AND LOVED IT HERE, THEN DO SOMETHING TO TRY TO SAVE IT, GET IN TEAMSPEAK, POST SOMETHING(not spam)

I don't want to hear my pc wont let me play or any other lame ass excuse. every one have the ability to show up and mingle in team speak, post on the forums, or just anything to let us know that things are going ok for you.
    If I struck a nerve with anyone in this comment, so fucking what now pull up your big girl panties and deal with it. get your asses in here and say something to me I and a big boy I can handle what you have to say.

"I WAS HERE, YOU WAS NOT. YOU ARE HERE, AND I AM NOT. TAG YOUR IT!"

Hall of Fame Honoree
    Clan Jet Setter

Photobucket
    I've been sitting on the sidelines watching for some time. I've got more $$ sunk into keeping this place up than anyone still here other than Joe. The trouble has been since Van left that there has been a power vaccum and a lack of direction. people got sideways, then came back, then others popped in.. It's a cluster fuck. I am one of those who don't have the ability to sit and hang out in TS. Never have, and when I could, we had 20 different little cliques of guys who were nothing like the brotherhood Gunner talks about. it was several little groups who didn't do shit together for the most part. but we still had the game. When we had the game, and we had even the slightest semblance of unity and direction, it worked. when Doger and I tried to push some ideas to re-start the program, it went nowhere. bad timing mostly. But the way things fell apart a year and change back have left this place a jumbled mess with no direction, and it's just not working. And no disrespect to Dino, who has made a hell of an effort to drum up life in this thing again, I wish you would have been here when Joe got sick, because we could have used that energy then.

I'm not gaming much anymore. life got in the way, and i'm out of the country more than i'm in it. I lurk. I don't sit in TS, because I can't. but the above isn't a very good way to address the situation, but I understand the frustration behind it and lack of activity that has caused it. Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, without a core game to rally around as we used to have, it's going to be damn near impossible to have BIG as we used to know it, because the game was always the common nucleus that brought us together. we developed friendships and real-life relationships out of the time spent together, but we always had the game to log on, find our friends, and regulars, and play. we don't have that anymore, and unless/until we do, there's not a lot of hope for a true resurrection in my opinion, because we're spending time in other pursuits - be it other games, family or work. I don't have anything to pull me to the server any more. I don't have the luxury as some of our members did to sit and idle in TS, and even if I did, I'd likely be on in the game I was in, playing as we used to.

Without a common core, I don't see much hope. And bitch or complain all you like - aside from Joe, find anyone who put their money where their mouth is more than I did that's still around. So, while I'm not able to do much today, I damn sure earned the right to spill those words above.

I've bought games for members who didn't have them to help keep the family together. I can do it again if we find that home. But despite all the questions on that, we simply don't have a great option. I'd love to hear differently, so if I'm incorrect, let me know.

Founder
    Hall of Fame Honoree
    Clan Bouncer

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Yes ratfart you are right we do need a core game as we once had. last I knew BF5 is slated for 3rd or 4th quarter 2016 release. maybe that could be what we are waiting for as a core game. I had hoped battlefront would pull folks in but EA did some stupid shit with that one, don't get me wrong it is fun but a headache at the same time.

"I WAS HERE, YOU WAS NOT. YOU ARE HERE, AND I AM NOT. TAG YOUR IT!"

Director
    Founder
    Senior Citizen

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Here is the problem.

There is not a game that we can build around today. It look likes there might be one on the horizon.

That is not a solution for today.

What we need is a way to build this place again knowing we have a gaming coming in the near future.

I bumped you all to RED for a reason. I trust you and your commitment to this place. Unlike Gunner, you are not willing to write it off. I had to make a financial decision. I was talked into giving this place some more time. I am looking to you all to see if there are any ideas that are not the, "this place is dead, it was fun, you guys fucked it up."

I also think we should move back to ventrilo. It seems as if we have more issues with team speak then we did with ventrilo.

Next week I will pop open a KF2 server. That should give Shorty another avenue to find more people to bring into the family.

Kids...Buy them the books, send them to school, what do they do....they eat the fucking pages.....

KF2 Master

Photobucket
    I think if we can get some together in the evenings to put a little effort in the bf4 server and I will see what I can do earlier in the day with KF2 it shouldnt be hard to get our numbers and activity back up. We just might have to do a little experimenting with the server to figure which gameplay is best to get things going. Doom releases soon not sure how the multiplayer is in it. I loaded the beta but never tried it when it was going.
    Last edited by ShortyH420; 04-28-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Community Member

Photobucket
    I bumped you all to RED for a reason. I trust you and your commitment to this place. Unlike Gunner, you are not willing to write it off. I had to make a financial decision. I was talked into giving this place some more time. I am looking to you all to see if there are any ideas that are not the, "this place is dead, it was fun, you guys fucked it up"

I'm sorry that the comment above is all you received from what I said. I should state however that your comment, assuming intent, is again why I made my post. Fatboy, I've never said anything negative about you or used your name to sway an opinion or to make a statement. But ]BIG's[ ability to do just that without warrant is why I made my post. being able to type under the breath as it were or make snark comments is what bread the shit talking into backstabbing and the witty snark into bullshit.

I would like to think that my comment would have been taken as a be upfront and honest type of gamers and not an elitist type where forums and comments are riddled with "I did this and I founded that". There is too much free to be charging. Too many free Voip's, in-game Voips, free servers, free websites. The quote was to say that we spend too much time fighting each-others ID than we do trying to know each-other. Fatboy I hope all is well with you and yours as I do all of you. But this! This mentality is what tore this place apart. "Unlike Gunner, you are not willing to write it off" I wrote nothing off. I was written off. There is a distinct difference between the two.

That's why I'd say nice shot

Hey Man, Nice Shot!

Second to last email sent from Joe

"Good day to you Jesse.

Sorry that life has kept me away, but am on the way back.

I talk to the members this weekend and the website was an issue. Tuggin gave me the reason you had for moving slow. My feeling i that we are so small right now that I'm not to worried about the moderation rules. the basic set from vBulletin should work for us right now and with there being so few if us, we can police the place quite easily.

My last note from you said that the site has beed totally reinstalled. So it should be good to go. Let start the process of moving the domain. please post that on 'X" day this week you will tell the host to redirect the .org to the new site and the .biz to the go daddy site. And that on "y" day they need to go to the new site and re-register.

Lets take advantage that we only have 15 or so active members. As we grow we can put out processes in place.

Thanks."

My response:

Yes I also sent you an email and text messages letting you know of the issues facing the website as well. I thought I was doing my due diligence by informing all as it was also ok'd to be posted publicly in the tread started by Grinder. Also Vbulletin has no basic set. And without the rules set then some of the permissions need to be taken away until there is a governing understanding about how it should be operated. For example. I need rules to govern the use of blogs. Forum moderation rules for forum owners i.e. breaker can create a topic and own that topic so it is his responsibility as he is the one who created it. Same with member groups and what membership. To be frank Joe. There is way more ground that needs to be covered than what is being understood or passed around before I just start moving people over with no rule set/ permission sets. So I can do what you ask but quantitatively I don't see why we would not want to do a risk assessment and not have a contingency plan for the potential of risk...

Im not sure I understand the domain switch. They can grab a domain. I don't think that they can switch sites between hosting companies. Or maybe they can I'll ask but the new website you want to be labeled .org with webhostinghub and the old website under .biz with godaddy?

If you like I can set some time aside to have a conversation with you over everything so it is understood perfectly and corresponding decisions can be made. Birthday is coming up, Having some issues with the part time job and their scheduling techniques, and need to catch up on my phys class. Once I have this squared away, we can talk or I can just do the the requested line items and let you know their dates as requested with the understanding that it can go wrong and quick."

Last message received from Joe.

I need the logins for both of the hosting companies please and thank you.

Written off Joe. there is a difference.

Director
    Founder
    Senior Citizen

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    The above post is the prime example of what happened to this place. To much he said this shit. It's not needed. And it's not helpful. You say you think of this place often, then do something constructive. And the amount of things going on in the background, Jessee, you have know idea of what I or this place has been through. Enough said, hope you feel better after venting.

Shorty: the KF2 is ordered and should be online in an hour, so have at...

Kids...Buy them the books, send them to school, what do they do....they eat the fucking pages.....

KF2 Master

Photobucket
    Good deal. We need to focus more on things needing done instead of the he said she said shit. If there are issues that need worked out we will have to get them discussed in voice chat weather its ts or discord or whichever. If anyone is around tonight we will see if we can get a game going either kf2 or bf4 maybe we can run across one or two that might be interested/and fit. Dont need any more asshats we have had more than enough of them through the years.

Hall of Fame Honoree
    Photobucket
    Brothers

Let me start by saying that anyone of us still one here are the ones that want to make the place home. Shit happens in all of our lives; I never expected at 40 to be going back for my MBA as I'm sure Rat never expected to be spending as much time as he is out of the country. I would also say that when i joined ]BIG[ I wasn't working as many others weren't so game time was more available to me. I'd like to address a few things from the posts I've read recently. I don't mean to offend anyone here, but we need to get past the drama of the past. Gunner I love gaming with you and talking smack, but the website thing was a while ago and I can understand that you feel hurt still about it and you have every right to be as neither Fatboy nor I handled that in the best way. That being said bud for the sake of family l come back when you have time to game or shoot the shit. Shorty and I went through this site when we moved back to it and deleted all the drama from the website so the clan could have a fresh start. For the sake of this place we all need to let the past go. This isn't pre-2012 the clan will never be what it was; people move on to other things, other clans, and other games. Even if we rebuild the numbers it isn't going to be same guys so it isn't going to be the same even then; It's all a cycle and we all know that.

If you guys are serious though we all need to get online together; no one wants to come into an empty VOIP server. It's also impossible to get a server going with so few of us if no one is online.

Lastly, VOIP: the PWN Platoon have a discord already set up and it is pretty active. I don't know necessarily that we need to build a separate ]BIG[ version. Let me talk to the guys and discuss it.

KF2 Master

Photobucket
    Here is where we stand on our gametracker page http://www.gametracker.com/forums/fo...&thread=119695