Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm done

wink I'm done

Well time comes when you have to say to yourself ' whats the point ' well that time has come for me, in the early days we had a blast, a lot of great times and a lot of brotherly love shawn through, but latterly its just died a death, we all know why, so no need to point any fingers at anybody, in recent times I have just popped in to see if anything was going down or if anything new was being proposed that I could get involved in, but like everything else the ideas have dried up along with the donations that kept this place running, too many of us relyed on too few to bear the cost of running it, and it is only a matter of time before even the die hard few say enough is enough, this place cannot function without some donations coming in to at least pay for a server, the website and vent. the burden of this has landed on too few for too long, I will still pop in now and then on the off chance that something can be done to revive what we had and loved,' it pains me to even write this post' but even that comment will only be relevent to a few if any.

do as you will with my account here, I will still pop in even as a site user.

I have made many friends here over the years, some of whom I still hold dear for the fact we could not have done what we done without being true friends.

peace out
    Alba Gu Brąth.

There are only two types of people in the world ; Scottish, and those who want to be Scottish

KF2 Master

Photobucket
    Hate to see you go bro. Jump in and talk somatime its been a while.

Founder
    Hall of Fame Honoree
    Clan Bouncer

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    I think we have all been waiting for some ideas, I am truly hoping with battlefield 1 we can become closer to what we once was. don't forget us bro.

"I WAS HERE, YOU WAS NOT. YOU ARE HERE, AND I AM NOT. TAG YOUR IT!"

Everyone should be crossing their fingers for Battlefield 1. It'd be nice to have a reason to update my pc again.
    SCRIM GENERAL

p.s. studies have shown that posting your stats in your sig give you cancer and AIDs.

Founder
    Hall of Fame Honoree
    Clan Bouncer

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    well gun been a long time buddy. best get you pc updated BF1 is bad ass. some of us got in on the beta and holy shit it was great.

"I WAS HERE, YOU WAS NOT. YOU ARE HERE, AND I AM NOT. TAG YOUR IT!"

Recruiter
    Local Blue Collar

Photobucket
    I enjoyed the BF1 Open Beta more than I have most of the other games I have tried lately.
    Redneck-Alcatraz
    Redneck? yep, born and raised
    Alcatraz? been there, Iso cells get really dark (good for sleeping)

as long as it has dedicated servers I don't see why it wouldn't be successful.
    SCRIM GENERAL

p.s. studies have shown that posting your stats in your sig give you cancer and AIDs.

Hall of Fame Honoree
    Photobucket
    Nothing will happen with your account Doger; you've been here pretty much from the beginning and you are always welcome here.

BF1 seems like a good game and I agree with Redneck the beta was actually pretty fun; I'm not sure if it can bring this place back though without further recruitment. We all have to remember that gaming groups ebb and flow and are at the whim of the members. As people leave you either replace them or you slowly die. I can say it; I had a huge part of the downfall if for no other reason than that I didn't try recruiting over the last couple of years. After 12/30/16 I will have more time to devote to this place thank I do right now as I will have completed my MBA. I can say that we aren't the only clan though that has fallen on hard times in recent years. Many have died off BnB is dying off, NAM was about like we were they ran a couple of servers and had several active members. They are now dying too. They have about 10 active members and their servers are not popping like they once did. Others like TG, Tactical Gamer, not Texas Gaming, still have popular servers, but they are running off their non-member population. Clans are becoming smaller more of just a close group of friends gaming together and not the hierarchical structures that traditional clans offer.

Anyways Doger please don't be a stranger I'll miss that sexy accent.

No one is responsible for the decline. Just hasn't been a game that grabbed us since BF2. If BF1 is a success recruiting won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DINOS_DEAD View Post
    well gun been a long time buddy. best get you pc updated BF1 is bad ass. some of us got in on the beta and holy shit it was great.
    I REALLLLLYYYY want to, but dedicated servers is a pretty big sticking point for me. We can't grow our numbers if we don't have our own server.
    SCRIM GENERAL

hate to see you go man i understand what u mean dont forget about us :P
    (PC SPEC)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    16 GB RAM